Sutton Runners Club Handicap 2013
From May to August the Club organizes a Handicap series held each month around a 5k (3.1 mile) loop at Nonsuch Park. This event creates a great sense of friendly rivalry within the Club; it is also very useful for monitoring how the summer training is progressing. A trophy is presented to the overall winner at the A.G.M.
Where it differs from previous years is that the new event will be age graded. We are hoping that this will be a fairer scoring system and should lead to a competitive competition.
The next Handicap fixture is 30th May.
Current finish times: click here
Last years finish times: click here
- The event will be run over four Thursday evenings between May and August. To stand a chance of winning you must complete in at least three events. The remaining dates will be confirmed within the next two weeks.
- There will be a ladies and mens overall winner, this will be whoever scores the highest points total.
- There will be a mens and womens trophy for the fastest time based on the average time over two events.
- You will be given a base age grading which will be based on your latest performances and your age on the 1st May 2012, this will remain in place through out the competition.
- Points will be awarded on how you improve on your base age grading.
- In the event of someone running in all four events, we will take your best three scores for your final total.
- If you turn up at the event and you have done no events which we can get a age grading score, your age grading will be based on that run for which you would score 2 points. I would suggest that anybody thinking of taking part in the event and they have run no races, then try and do a park run or two before the end of April.
- If you run below your base age grading during the series you would score zero points.
- The route we are using in Nonsuch Park has been measured by Hugh Jones who has also measured our own 10k route and is certified as accurate. We are therefore considering using the handicap for our Standard Awards, though this has still to be agreed by the committee.
The Ewell Road, A232 brings you into the park via the Cheam Gate entrance. The meeting point is the car park 100m after the Park entrance on your right.
Postcode for your Sat Nav: SM3 8AL – the postcode is as close as we can get it, so please use the map as well.
To download location details in PDF format click here
We will meet at 19:00 in readiness for a 19:15 start. Runners will be set off in intervals.