Training Schedule for June – August 2011
|13/09/2011||200m Path Work||Dynamic warm-up/exercises/technique drills. 3 x 6 min sprints which are sprinting for one side of 200 and recovery the other side.||Slopes over the road from car park or parallel to cycle path in Rose Hill Park West|
|20/09/2011||Pairs Hills||Dynamic warm-up/exercises/technique drills. 10x Pairs Hill session (pairs start on opposing sides of a hill at the bottom of the hill and ‘high five’ each other before sprinting back down the way they came)||Rosehill Park West|
|27/09/2011||Square’ or ’4 point’ run||Dynamic warm-up/exercises/technique drills.Then start the loop of Rose Hill Park West using the paths, going clockwise – 4 sections x 3 reps||Rosehill Park West paths|
|04/10/2011||Relays||The ‘train’ warm up and some strides. 6x100m relays, 4x200m relays||Grass Track by Glenthorne School|
Please bring a sportswatch/timing device for each session. All sessions can be adjusted for individual training programmes, races etc.
- When the weather is hot, don’t forget to hydrate adequately.
- Particularly during sessions on grass/parkland, don’t forget the insect repellent.
- Obstructions especially “wheely bins”.
- When training on residential roads, please be careful with cars reversing out of driveways.
- Please keep with your training group or let the coach/coaches know if you are not staying for the entire session.
- Please remember to stretch after all your training sessions.