Meet the Committee!
The Sutton Runners Committee was duly elected at the AGM in 2017 as follows:
(Click the name label to display members profile and contact details)
- Chair the committee
- Facilitate ideas proposed by club members
- Consult with club members and communicate proposals
- Encourage all members to participate in club activity
- Support the Race Director and help organise the Sutton 10K
- Answer queries from current and potential members via e-mail or telephone
- Act as the Clubs Link to the Regional England Athletics Club and Coach Development Officer
ROLE: The Secretary is responsible for all internal and external (excluding press) communications for the club and acts as a focal point for the communication of all activities that the club take part in. It is the primary contact point for membership enquires from prospective new runners and from other clubs and associations.
ROLE: The treasurer is the custodian of the club’s money and is the club’s bookkeeper and accountant. The duties involve banking club receipts, paying expenses and recording these in the financial records. The treasurer draws up basic accounts annually and presents them to the club members at the AGM for approval.
- Lead the race committee
- Co-ordinate the roles on the “Sutton 10K jobs” list
- Main point of contact for race enquiries
- Receive race entries via post
- Ensure volunteers are recruited to support on race day and allocated roles
- Co-ordinate activities on race day
- Start the race!!
Anita & Lorraine
- Motivation of members to take part in races and events, namely Surrey Road League and Cross Country.
- Organising training sessions
- Keeping a record of members performances for club and press use
Rob & Mike
- Motivation of members to take part in races and events.
- Welcoming new member to club and organising team events
- Keeping a record of members
ROLE: My committee role is Press Secretary which involves producing and sending out a weekly report and results to local papers. I also produce the club achievement awards for presentation by the chairperson or secretary.
- To support the aims and goals of Sutton Runners by organising regular social events and activities that are inclusive to all members of the club
- As part of the Sutton Runners committee, to ensure that all members feel a part of the club and that newcomers are welcomed and encouraged to join
- To actively seek and receive feedback from club members on existing and new social events and activities
- Answer any queries from new or potential members
- Ensuring membership records are kept up-to-date
- Chasing and reminding non-payers of expired membership
- Recording and handling of membership fees in liaison with Treasurer
- Liaison for UK Athletics database
- To act as spokesperson on behalf of any members concerns and ensure all legislation is adhered to by club and members alike.